Index a Siemens Pointer in a RTU Modbus Master

AlbertoM

Hi All

I need to index a Pointer in a RTU Modbus Master block, please see attached screen shot.

I have 34 VSD's which I need to Write the Speed ref to and Read the Statuses,
when I use an Absolute address (P#DB13.DBX0.0 BYTE 4) it works but not with anything I have tried using a dynamic address.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Screenshot.jpg

Hi and welcome to the Forum

Do yo have problem with Network3 pointer?

Maybe LAR2 gets different value somewhere. You can try changing LAR2 to some MD or DB-address

OPNDI DB13

L "Tag_B" //MW500
T MW502
L MW502
ITD
T MW508
L MW508
SHL 3 // change Dint to pointer value (=*8)
T MW512

L DBD [MW512]
T Pointer

?

SHL Invalid

Hi

I have tried various versions of the reply but keep getting "Syntax error: The specified value "SHL" is invalid"?

I am using TIA V13 SP1 Upd 5, and am obviously doing something wrong but brain hitting a blank.

See screen shot

Thanks all

SHL Invalid.jpg

Tia portal STL have little bit different commands than old step7

Try this way

L 3
L "Tag_1"
SLW
T "Tag_2"

or

L 8
L "Tag_1"