Kinetix 300 MotionView index distance

Sean

Hi all,

I have an Allen Bradley PLC which is connected to a Kinetix 300 drive.
I have been using MotionView to adjust the different positions for a servo motor.

I have been adjusting the "Distance" parameter in the Index section of the drive. (See Attachment).

My questions are; should this distance value be readable by the PLC or OPC?
Can I write to this value from the PLC?

Untitled picture.png

What model PLC? If you're using a PLC with motion capability, you shouldn't need MotionView at all. If you're using a Logix class PLC (CompactLogix or ControlLogix), you can add the K300 into the I/O Configuration via Ethernet. The basic tag includes a few user defined integers that you may be able to map in MotionView.

What model PLC? If you're using a PLC with motion capability, you shouldn't need MotionView at all. If you're using a Logix class PLC (CompactLogix or ControlLogix), you can add the K300 into the I/O Configuration via Ethernet. The basic tag includes a few user defined integers that you may be able to map in MotionView.

Also can be done with Micrologix/Rslogix 500 through messaging.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2097-um001_-en-p.pdf

page 214

Thank you both for your quick replies.
Apologies, forgot to mention the PLC is a 1768-L45 CompactLogix controller.

The Kinetix 300 Drive is connected to the PLC and I can see all the IO Assembly tags.
I have found that the Index tag ID I am looking for is 285.

I was wondering how do I go about creating a tag for this Index base address using messaging?