Upgrading FactoryTalk View SE while Running?

lunenburger

Has anyone tried upgrading FactoryTalk View SE distributed while the system is running?
We have a redundant system with a Primary Server, Secondary Server, Factorytalk Directory Server and 25 clients.
Last week I tried to add a Controllogix L82 processor to our Factorytalk 7.0 system, and was surprised to find RSLinx Enterprise released with version 7doesn't support the L82 processors.
The only option according to Rockwell support was upgrade to FTV version 9.
Rockwell support says you can do it with a live system, and have a document out on it.....
Just wondering if anyone has tried it and success rate???

Thanks

Similar Topics

I was debating putting alot of the RA support issues I so far have had with this project, but decided to let is slide and get to the point of the...
Replies
Views
I have upgraded FactoryTalk Studio from version 6.1 to 8.2. After conversion of my application developed in 6.1 all the fonts (Arial Bolds) were...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am upgrading a Wonderware SCADA form version 9.5 to version 23. I am able to migrate all the graphic, but when to activate the runtime this...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of upgrading a controls system. The existing system is a SLC500 with some IO cards and a 1747-SDN module communicating to a...
Replies
Views
I am looking to upgrade some of our old Servo Drives to the newer kinetix 5700 style. currently we have 4 1394 axis that are all driven by 5kw...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom