virtual panel builder for testing

mmalon15

Hey guys new here,

I've been googling and looking for a few days now and cant seem to find a solution. I'm looking for some program that i could essentially use to build a virtual panel, i guess like RSteststand. I want to be able to connect and interact with the virtual panel with the means of RSlogix 500 and RSlogix Emulate.

Does anyone know of or use any software/programs that are free? or demos to test them out?

Mainly i want to be able to recreate a customers panel and be able to possibly test it or debug it straight from my pc either before fabrication or if its already out in the field which could be anywhere in the world.

Thanks for any help guys!

Welcome to the forum.

I can be wrong, but I don't know of any such software.
if there were such a program, I see a problem.
in the virtual world, everything is perfect.
in the actual panel, you must rely on the panelbuilders to wire the system correctly. the plc I/o debug process will find any errors.
on the plant floor, electricians make changes, some good, some not so good.
things are undocumented, so you really don't know what is on the plant floor.

james

Yes, it sounds like the topicstarter has Panelbuilder software in mind.

"Building a virtual panel" is accomplished by designing a panel in 3D using one of many software packages available. The comments from James apply fully, of course.