FactoryTalk ME 7-Segment Font

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does Me/Panelview support a 7 segment font? I have a customer that want's a temperature controller mimic'd on the HMI and it's a standard Honeywell style with 7 segment display.

Ok thanks....For some reason in reading the help, it seemed I was limited to Rockwell fonts....I downloaded a 7 segment TType font and its working on the PC....Won't know for a month or so when I dump it into the PV Plus 1500 if it will work there.

You have to load the TrueType font into the PanelView Plus terminal separately from the project file. There's a seldom-used tab in the Transfer Utility for downloading fonts. It's not automatically bundled in with the *.MER file.

There may technically be licensing issues with TTF fonts included with desktop operating systems being run on a Windows CE box, but in general I've found I can copy the TTF files from Windows XP or Windows 7.

Last edited:
Does Me/Panelview support a 7 segment font? I have a customer that want's a temperature controller mimic'd on the HMI and it's a standard Honeywell style with 7 segment display.

Same as everyone else, find a TTF font and download that to the PVP.

FYI
The PV5000 does have built-in 7 segment fonts. They look really nice.