You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 23rd, 2022, 10:56 AM   #1
sinanmoral
Turkey

SLC5/05 CPU and MetlerToledo indicator (IND331)-Communication problem via Ethernet Ip

Dear All,

I wanna get the data from ind331 indicator(Mettler toledo) to SLC 5/05 CPU via Ethernet Ip using EEM instruction.

The CPU=1747-L553 C/11- DC 2.80 Series C FRN 10--The Indicator= IND331

How they communicate with each other?

Can SLC5/05 receive the data from third part device?

Normally there is an example program on mettler toledo website but it did not work.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Old June 25th, 2022, 07:37 PM   #2
OldChemEng
United States

I found a SLC-5/05 PLC program on the Mettler-Toledo website plus two different IND331 User Manuals (one with a dated 2012 & one dated 2021).

Explicit messaging was not available with the IND331 in 2012. Explicit via the messaging with the EEM instruction is available with newer IND331s in 2021.

Here are some of the SLC-5/05 requirements that I noted:

1) SLC-5/05 Series C Firmware Verson 10.0 or later
2) The EEM instruction setup needs to match the IND331 configuration exactly (IP address, data words, Class, Instance, Attribute, etc)

The sample SLC-5/05 program Ladder #3 has multiple EEM instructions for various Read & Write functions (Write for Zero & Tare, Read Gross Weight, etc). A counter is used to schedule each EEM. Note carefully the Byte Sway & Word Swap requirements.

In the sample program, the raw input integer data is word swapped & then the resulting two integers are Copied to a floating point register for the Gross Weight. The Byte Swap & Word Swap are configured in the IND331. This needs to be correct

Your application probably does not require all of those functions. In all of the weigh scale programming I have done over the years, I just read the Gross weight & handle everything else in the PLC program. This makes it easier for maintenance personnel to follow what you did at a later date.

Assuming you SLC-5/05 & IND331 meet the requirements for Explicit meesaging, my recommendation would be to:

1) Set the IP address on the IND331, connect to the Ethernet Subnet & then ping the IND331
2) Program one function (ie: Gross Weight) & get that working

If this does not work then monitor the EEM instruction & note any error message codes. Tnen contact Mettler-Toledo for technical support.
Old June 27th, 2022, 02:53 PM   #3
sinanmoral
Turkey

Thank you so much for your time and researching this topic...

Yes, there are two manuels and one is supported and one is not...

By the way I have controllogix processor and I added this ind 331 module as Generic ethernet module and then all data comes and there is problem on controllogix Plc.

But I want to receive this data via ethernet Ip to slc500 processor but my Ind331 is not supported explitit message.

Anyway I try to upgrade or donwgrade firmware of ind331, maybe I can do EEM intruction after that.

Regards,
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum