AB RSLogix 5000 program save

Tim

I have recorded some AB Rslogix programs on a CD-R. It burns the prorams fine, but when I try to open them up from the CD-R it gives me the following: Failed to open file Access Denied Error717-80070005.
Now, this is new for me "The AB RSlogix", so if anyone can help please do.
Thankyou,
Tim Surber

RSLogix 5000 opens and modifies the *.ACD program file during editing and monitoring operations. CD-R file systems don't allow open files like hard disks do, so the software cannot work on files that are opened directly from CD.

Copy the *.ACD file into your C:\RSLogix5000\Projects directory and it should open fine. If it's been made into a "read-only" type of file by being burned onto a CD, you'll have to change it's attributes to allow it to be opened.

Thank You, Eddie
It worked, And thanks for the fast response. I'm at work and was starting to get frustrated!!!!

Creating temporary files in the directory of the original file
is unfortunatelly widely used practice by many software companies.
Guys writting PC applications are frequently careless or not
even familiar with the concept of enviroment variable called TEMP.
You can see that even by companies that do nothing else but
software including giant Microsoft. Their operating systems
do create TEMP directory, create proper enviroment and assign
it to that directory - but... I would have to see ONE Microsoft
product to make use of it. It's a shame...