Question PLC5 IO Configuration

BeepBob

Hello all,

I have a question why my Chassis Property display no input or output cards, is it suppose to?

For example in the logic , there is a reference to I:012/3 , so that tells me Rack 1 Group 2 bit 3 , in 1-slot addressing mode the physical card should be in slot 2 of the chassis

But when I did a chassis property view I do not see anything, am I suppose to see cards displayed here?

Screenshot 2023-03-23 145302.jpg

The PLC-5 and 1771 I/O system has no detection or browsing or identity mechanism for I/O modules. The closest you can get is leaving well-labeled swingarms in place and putting the little slot-blocking keying plugs into the backplane connectors to prevent the wrong voltage or type from being installed.

You can manually document what's in the I/O chassis using those fields in RSLogix 5, but it won't "auto detect" like SLC-500 will, or browse through the backplane like ControlLogix will.