desperately need simple sample programs or exercises for Step7 Professional

Just out of interest, is there a way of searching the library of SFC's in order to try and find one that's suitable for your needs or is it just a case of trawling through them all and reading the help file for each one.

I've used the trawl and try method.

You can open a Data block as a DB or DI in your code irrespective of whether the Data Block was created as a DB or as a DI

So it doesn't matter if I open a shared DB as a instance DB and vice versa?

Code:
      OPN   DI [#DB_Number]
      L     DIW    0
      T     MW    10

OPN   DB [#DB_Number]
      L     DBW    0
      T     MW    10

Best pratice??

L DBLG gets the length of the data block opened with OPN DBxx
L DILG gets the length of the data block opened with OPN DIxx

You can open a Data block as a DB or DI in your code irrespective of whether the Data Block was created as a DB or as a DI

I've used the trawl and try method.

Thanks for the info LD.

Cheers ;)