Eaton PLC - HMI Compatability

bagged2drag

Does anyone know if Proface HMI's have the ability to be used on Eaton PLC's? If so, what "manufacturer" device would be used? We have a system here with an Eaton PLC, and would like to replace/upgrade to a larger, nicer HMI. If Proface is not compatible, any other major brands that are? (Cmore, AB)

Eaton

The PLC is Eaton ELC series. They are supposed to be Modbus RS232 or Modbus 485 from the looks of it. The Proface software lists Modbus-IDA with either USB/SIO/RS422/485 or Com 1.

I am guessing that is the same, I am just unsure about the IDA suffix in the declaration.

Similar Topics

Hi to everyone :) Do any of you could so kind to help me deciding what kind of cheap HMI I could use for the PLC model EASY822-DC-TC(EATON)? It...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I am trying to get a feel for how popular Eaton/Cutler-Hammer's ELC PLC and ePRO HMI are in the control market. I believe that we...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m new to this forum and if I’m posting incorrectly let me know. I’ve been having an issue I can’t seem to figure out. I’m sure it’s...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am using the following: Eaton E4-AC-12RXP PLC I am trying to control the CL86T which controls a Closed-Loop Stepper motor. I am using...
Replies
Views
I have never dealt with an Eaton PLC before. I have a customer that has a piece of equipment with an Eaton PLC (XNE_GWBR-CANOPEN). I don't have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom