Wonderware Intouch Upgrade 7.0 to 10.1

ThePortLion

Hi

I'm on the verge of upgrading from InTouch 7.0 to 10.1.
We have roughly 25 operator nodes running 4 different aplications. (Stand alone)
The plan is to go with an application server (plus failover server) and run all the operator nodes as thin clients.
It's going to be a big step but... fingers crossed.

Is there anyone out there who has upgraded from pre V7.1 to V10 and if so what issues am i likely to face?

When I have successfully migrated to 10.1, What Wonderware software am i likely to need for this new server
configuration?

Thanks in advance

The way the alarm history works is different, you'll be moving from text files/printing to a SQL server database.

Will you be developing new screens? With 10.1 and application server you can take advantage of the Archestra IDE which is really neat but is kind of a new paradigm programming wise.

Are you using a DAServer now? I assume you're not but that is something you'll want to install and use with the new server.

Make sure you have enough Terminal Services CALs for all of your thin clients.

I tried upgrading an older version, 5.6 I think, and there were some keywords used that were a problem. I didn't have the windowmaker for that, so gave up.

IIRC, 7.1 is the magic version - anything older and you might have problems. Most Wonderware versions upgrade fine, but for some of the older versions, you had to do it in a couple of steps, old to 7.1, 7.1 to latest. Of course my memory may be going, they say it's the second thing to go and I can't remember what the first thing is...

IIRC, 7.1 is the magic version - anything older and you might have problems. Most Wonderware versions upgrade fine, but for some of the older versions, you had to do it in a couple of steps, old to 7.1, 7.1 to latest.

Yes, this is absolutely correct! Anything prior to 7.1/7.11 will not convert directly to anything above it. Forgot about that.

Thanks guys. I know there will be problem with alarms as there was a major change from 7.0 to 7.1.

I think I need more help on the version change in InTouch rather than the server setup.

If anyone else has done it I would appreciate any pointers

If anyone else has done it I would appreciate any pointers

I've done it, dozens of times. 99% of the time there will be no issues, and it's pretty seamless. You just add the project to InTouch, open it up in WindowMaker, and it converts it before your eyes. The only problems I've had involved alarming configuration changes and wacky scaling issues if the resolution has to change.

we have followed all revisions of WW throughout our lifecycle of our system.

Recently we have upgraded to the ArchestrA System Platform, and use InTouch 10.1, and Historian 10.

I would strongly recommend to take the time and re-engineer your system. Lean heavily on System Platform. Also leverage your local WW representatives. They can get you off to a good start.

I have experienced a 65% reduction in engineering costs with the new system.

And please oh please if you get your server working properly on Wonderware systems, DO NOT let your IT guys near the system. After much conversation with our IT department, and an apparent understanding to leave it all alone, they did it while I was off, and seriously lost trending and some other issues.

Can't teach 'em nothing! (We have another thread about this, BTW.)

Upgrade InTouch version 7.1 to 7.11

Hi,

I'm a beginner with InTouch software, and I'm responsible for creating a supervisory system for a Festo teaching plan, which has the Burket controller model 1110. My OS is not compatible with version 7.1 (I'm running Windonws XP, Portuguese language).
How do I upgrade the InTouch 7.1 to 7.11 software?
Thanks in advance, hug.

Upgrade from Intouch 7.1 to 7.11

Hello there,

Follow the steps below to upgrade your Intouch from 7.1 to 7.11 --
NOTE - Make Sure you have made the backup of your application folder before you follow these steps.

1) Install the desired version Intouch software.
2) When installed, open InTouch Application Manager and search your application folder and open it in Windowmaker.
3) A pop will ask you to Upgrade - Select yes.
4) Intouch will be automatically upgraded.

And it's done. Make changes that you want.

PS : Upgrading to Intouch 7.11 is not a good idea when you have Intouch 10 available. Various features that make Intouch 10 superior than Intouch 7 can be found here. Visit this page Wonderware Intouch 10 Features

Thanks