PLC remote connection using IP and DNS only

kalabdel

Hello guys,

I have a client who contact me for troubleshooting an Omron CPU and provided me with IP, Gateway and DNS only. He can't reach his network guy and he believes that there are no user names or password and that other suppliers connect using the above information. I tried VPN but I would need a username and password to for that.

Is it possible to connect with the above information and using what?

Thanks
Kal

You could always try using the IP directly in the Omron software... but I doubt there is no security on it. 99% of the time, you need security to get in to a network from outside.

The alternative is for them to connect a computer inside the plant with Omron Software on it, connect it to their Ethernet network, and install something like Teamviewer on it, and you log in to their computer.