S7 Mmc

Good day!
I much need your help!
I have Siemens Simatic MMC 2Mb 6es7953-8LL11-0AA0.
I her(its) has formatted in FAT.
I much need the image for card by skim program s7imgrd.exe.
Images + winhex which there is here do not work.
I in hopeless position.

bls726 said:
Images + winhex which there is here do not work.
I in hopeless position.
see http://**********/viewtopic.php?t=5841
With specified above a site http://plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=21591&highlight=mmc+password I took an image and filled in it through winhex 14.1
These versions of images were not picked up by the Spanish program...
I have overcome a problem by own strength.
The image used 2 mb from the above-stated site.

The image has appeared clumsy.
It also has helped me. I have started to compare in 16-HEX a code.
It was found out, that sites not deleted on MMC-cards to contain in the end of a file in a range of 00F4C000 addresses - 00F4C0A0.
Three bytes being that range should coincide with three bytes in a range 000001C0 - 000001F0.
If to be more objective can be and more than 3 bytes, but I think in each of chances it is possible to find dependence.

S7 MMC Cards

Hi

Has anyone yet, successfully, managed to get a standard MMC card and use it in an S7 CPU??

I ask, cos Siemens really know how to charge and I cannot see the justification for a list price of US$450, for a 2MB MMC card, when I can get a 2GB one for about US$50.

How can Siemens justify this, just becuse they have a few bits of information programmed into the headers of their supplied MMC cards?

Everyone that has fiddled with this consistently state that you cannot use a regular MMC card as a Siemens MMC card.

About the excessive pricing, then I think you are partially correct.
Only partially, because a standard MMC card isnt intended for industrial use. Especially temperature ratings are different.
There are 3rd party suppliers of Siemens-compatible MMC cards (Deltalogic and Helmholz I think). They are slightly less expensive than the Siemens cards. Only consumer pressure (= buying at the competition) can make Siemens reduce its prices.

JesperMP said:
Everyone that has fiddled with this consistently state that you cannot use a regular MMC card as a Siemens MMC card.

Well I read the posts from about 2006 and wondered if wnything had progressed since then. Obviously not significantly!

About the excessive pricing, then I think you are partially correct.
Only partially, because a standard MMC card isnt intended for industrial use. Especially temperature ratings are different.
Well I see your point about the "industrialised" issue, however I don't think the temperature rating should be an issue, as most PLC installations are in a control room intended for occasional human occupation also. I would not expect to see a temperature swing of a wide amount.

Imagine a digital camera, which is intended for mobility and therefore could be (and is) often used in low and high temperature environments. This can and does use a standard off the shelf 2GB MMC card for about $50!
Kingston specify the temperature range from 0°C to 60°C for their standard versions. Would this not be sufficient formost PLC application??

There are 3rd party suppliers of Siemens-compatible MMC cards (Deltalogic and Helmholz I think). They are slightly less expensive than the Siemens cards.
Well thank you for the info, I wasn't aware of these suppliers until now, appreciate that.

Only consumer pressure (= buying at the competition) can make Siemens reduce its prices.

Or someone figure out how to get around this by:

1) Reverse engineered firmware - anyone brave enough for this?
2) Finding an MMC card supplier willing to add the right info to the CID etc..
3) Finding an MMC card supplier willing to supply MMC cards without the OTP area with the CID in it being programmed, and obtaining / writing software to program this area..

Personally I would have thought that option 2 would be the easiest especially a supplier from the far East, as the birthplace of mass copying electronics.

Formatting the cards is already documented on this very forum.

Best regards.....

As soon I know VIPA PLCs are working with normal MMC.

Due to globalisation, be sure all MMCs come from the same location. The difference in prices is brand tax, but well protected.

ZX9R said:
Kingston specify the temperature range from 0°C to 60°C for their standard versions. Would this not be sufficient formost PLC application??
This is speculative. It is possible that the industrial cards are good up to 80°, but to be sure they are only specced to 60°. In the industry everything is at least one notch further on the safe side when compared to consumer-grade products.

JesperMP said:
This is speculative. It is possible that the industrial cards are good up to 80°, but to be sure they are only specced to 60°. In the industry everything is at least one notch further on the safe side when compared to consumer-grade products.

http://www.memoryc.com/products/description/1Gb_Kingston_MMC_Mobile_Dual_Voltage_Memory_card/index.html

This IS consumer a grade product...for a mobile phone of all things!!

I don't mean to be picky, but what is the temperature spec on a Siemens MMC card?

I dont know what the temperature specs are for a Siemens MMC. But I still believe they are better than just any consumer grade card.
Even if the specs turns out to be similar, then "guaranteed specs" in consumer grade product and in an industrial product are two different things.
Another way to put it: I have had a lot of regular MMC cards, CF cards and USB sticks fail. I have not yet experienced a Siemens MMC card failure.

I am sure that the cards are overpriced for what you get. But I wouldnt consider a product that isnt industrially graded as an alternative.