OT Stop sub contracting.

No I am good with this. Maybe somebody else will look at this and get an idea how to break thing off.

No I am good with this. Maybe somebody else will look at this and get an idea how to break thing off.

Jeff
Laying people off is REJECTION
Divorce is REJECTION
What you want to do REJECTION

That is the plain and simple truth. IT AINT FUN IT AINT EASY

To get a bit crude you can accept the short term embarassment of going to the doc, getting your pants taken down and a needle stuck in your butt
OR you can put up with gonorhea.

However it is your life and your choice.

Dan Bentler

Dan - you are inspiring.

If you ever get tired of doing controls, I believe you should consider a career as a Self-Help / Motivational Guru.

Steve

If you didn't know, you would think he had been in the Navy!

Nah Public Health and Community Medicine. Industrial Hygiene and Safety. Saw worker comp claim for gonorhea - lady in lab splashed a culture in eye while pipetting. Husband was also compensated for "loss of privelege" ?? I think was the term. You see some unique stuff in that line of work. Some are funny and some can give you the heaves.

Dan Bentler

How do I tell him I don't want to do anymore business with him?

Jeff, unless YOU are the bad guy... you could be surprised as to how many will in fact just not listen to anything he could say if he tries to ''kill your name''.

You perhaps are not the only one having these same feelings about him.

A long time client I droped a few years back... tried this and I ended up with more clients than I could handle.

Take a chance on YOU.

Jeff, unless YOU are the bad guy... you could be surprised as to how many will in fact just not listen to anything he could say if he tries to ''kill your name''.

You perhaps are not the only one having these same feelings about him.

A long time client I droped a few years back... tried this and I ended up with more clients than I could handle.

Take a chance on YOU.

I had 2 guys tell me that the he was a snake and to run from him. You know I only found this out after taking on the job.
I am just done with this guy.

I am going to stop sub-contracting for a local system integrator. He and I are just to different. He thinks we make a great team. My boss (read WIFE) hates when I work for this guy because my attitude changes. I get very irritable, short, etc. I have notices this as-well no amount of cash is worth this headache.

How do I tell him I don't want to do anymore business with him? He has been in the game a long time. I am worried he will try to kill my name. I don't care about the stuff he is a distributor for I can get that stuff from several differnt guys.

I am going to finish the job I have started but I don't plan on doing anymore with him.

I can read a few things from your first post.
If this guy thinks you make a great team that means that he gets what he wants from you. You obviously find that this guy is just a bully, but you have some respect for him. You feel that somehow you will hurt him if you tell him what you should, which is to **** off. If your wife sees the difference, then there are 2 things to be drawn from this.
one is that Your wife still likes you enough to care about your attitude change, the other is that you need to get the hell away from him.
Do not worry about him trying to kill your name if you leave, he is trying to kill you if you stay.
You are obviously an honourable (Excuse my British English) man, and a sensitive man (no wonder your wife likes you) but you do need to get away from this person.
Bullies never like to be confronted, but this is what you must do, however hard it may seem. Just tell him straight up, he will be stunned.
Life is too short to waste on A******s.

This thread must hold the PLCS.Net record for the number of ******************************* in one thread :ROFLMAO:

I have a similar boss and I am at present looking for another job(Unhappy will do something about situation). You in turn can just walk away what a lovely position - do it for your sanity and your relationship.
I use to contract for myself but got tired of the same old customers and the up and downs of my bank balance.Very similar position had some demanding customers just like yours and I was afraid to turn the work away as it was regular (Better to work for the devil you know than the one you don't). I will probably go back contracting when the children get bigger.
Unfortunately difficult decision but by the sounds of it you don't have anything to loose so you should delete this customer from your books.
Think of it as moving on to a new era! Good luck mate!

Thanks guys we I will be done with this job in about a month or so. It can't come fast enough.