converting signed to unsigned

mehrdad

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyway to convert a signed integer to unsigned integer in Rslogix 5000?
I know that I can use DINT for integers greater than 32767 but how can i convert a singed to unsigned number?

other PLCs simply have a INT to UINT converter function\block.

absence of int to uint converter is really causing serious issues for me.

thanks

I think you will want to use the ABS command.The ABS instruction takes the absolute value of the Source and places the result in the Destination.Place the absolute value of value_1 into value_1_absolute. In this example, the absolute value of negative four is positive four.

Did you see the reply in the other thread you started on this same subject? This problem is super easy to solve. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

tc01271401.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks "TConnolly". Your posted solution was exactly what I needed to add to my Function Block Diagram.

Did you see the reply in the other thread you started on this same subject? This problem is super easy to solve. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

Cool Nice solution. Now I need to go the other way I have a dint and need to goto two ints where the two ints are swapped

So int2 is the first part of the word and int1 is the second part
So when the value of int2 goes over 32767 It goes negative and int1 picks up the remainder. Does that make sense

I just went through it yesterday, The datatype is there but when I try to use it I get the unsupported message. V32.11 as I recall.

I have a 5380 L306 v32.011 and Logix designer 32.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 11). I'm able to configure, download and use a UINT without any errors or notices.
Just an FYI.