You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread August 13th, 2019, 12:00 PM   #1
mad4x4
United Kingdom

Pencil WinCC Data to Cloud

Does WInCC v15 RT Proffessional come with a OPC UA interface? Can Azure talk OPC? or do I have to use MQTT. Can WinCC talk to MQTT?

What software do i need to get WinCC to talk MQTT, or OPC UA, assume Kepware will support OPC UA as it is an OPC server. Can it talk to Azure Cloud? if so how?

All of above is because I am currently looking for a way to link a Siemens PLC (s7-1511) & Wonderware scada to a Microsoft Azure Cloud.

So far I think I could use MQTT or OPC but not sure what support what and how to go about it. Is there a guide on how to setup an OPC Client on Azure

Im so confused with this cloud stuff.
Unread August 18th, 2019, 11:00 PM   #2
mk42
United States

1500's (with relatively current FW and S7 versions) offer OPC UA out of the PLC as an addon license. HOWEVER, you probably don't want to expose your PLC direct to the internet like that.

Siemens also offers an MQTT library on the support site:
https://support.industry.siemens.com...view/109748872

They also recently released a module that can act as a gateway. It specifically lists Azure compatibility, though I have no idea what that actually means.

CloudConnect 712: 6GK1411-1AC00
https://support.industry.siemens.com...view/109768728
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum