KTP900 basic gen1

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I have a KTP900 GEN1 with a historical data log programmed to be segmented circular log, It has been online since 2015. It logs the power consumption on the plant. I just recently downloaded it but it seems that the segmented logging doesn't work.

Log1
Start 2015-09-15
Full 2016-09-23

Log2
Start 2016-10-25
Full 2017-11-14

Log3
Start 2019-01-17
Full 2020-02-06

Log4
Start 2021-08-23

It seems that it doesn't create a new log, and I suspect it wait for a reboot to power up and start a new log. Anyone come across such a thing?

/Tim

Yes, seen this before when logging to a USB drive.

I just used a script to trigger the logging to start.

Yes, seen this before when logging to a USB drive.

I just used a script to trigger the logging to start.

So you're saying that the logging stop and the simple solution is just to start it again? Basic panel haven't got any scripts but maybe I can use some system function to trigger a logg start. I will research thanks!

/Tim

It is a segmented circular log, so you will see as many files as you have configured segments. it will only begin to overwrite the 1st log file when the last is full.
How many log segments have you configured ?
Post a screenshot of the configuration.

edit: I notice now that there are gaps between log 2 and 3 and between log 3 and 4.
I guess that is what you mean.
Are logs 2 and 3 actually full ?

Last edited:
Yes the logs are full, 500 000 entries in each.

It is TIA , don't know the firmware and version but can check.

66mb each file and there are 3 full and 1 active logfile, thanks for the thread find but seems like a diffrent problem unfortunally. The maximum logs is 50

Only thing I can think of is to load the latest firmware on the panel, and updating the TIA project to match.
Other than that it is a case for Siemens Support.