KTP900 - TIA and IRL doesn't match

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!
Strange problem I'm trying to resolve.
One picture is from my computer in TIA portal, and one picture is from the actual HMI. How come it doesn't match up? I've tried to delete the texts and add them again. Same problem.

/Tim

11995723_10153070500836560_361065266_n.jpg 11997370_10153070500776560_914759403_n.jpg

Is it just the formatting, or am I missing something else? (it's tricky to pick differences in another language that I don't speak ;) )

I haven't seen it in TIA before, but I did see a similar thing in another HMI package, where there was an animation attached to the text. Could it be the same here?

Are you asking why the text does not line up correctly?

If so, this is a compatibility issue with windows. First, make sure the icon size in windows on computer you're programming from is set to 100% under "control panel" "display" (this is in windows 7, not middle 125% or large 150%). DPI settings for text have to be set to 96 and you need to uncheck "Use DPI scaling in Windows XP style".

I had issues with texts being shifted or the wrong size on Siemens HMI's and it was driving me nuts, there are a couple articles about it posted around the web and on the siemens site but hopefully the above should correct the problem. It did for me.

I'm sorry I didn't describe the problem correctly. It is the texts on the right that isn't on the same place in the TIA editor as it is in IRL.

@Jieve, thanks I'll try that and see if it works and also try to find the articles.

Thanks for the help!

I work with windows 8 and I have the settings to 100% and the "use DPI scaling in windows XP style" option I do not have.

Still have problem, is there settings in the HMI aswell I have to change?

I'm still having this problem with my HMIs. Anyone have any idea as to why the text doesn't match IRL and in TIA? I have the DPI setting to 100 and I have also tried 125% but same result :/

Last edited:
You get this now and then with text and the odd button not working. Just right click on the HMI and try software (rebuild all) and re-download.

Actually now I solved it!

I tried force compiling but that didn't work either.
I then went to properties and alignments, the text was formated as "right". When changing this to left or center it all worked but it is when the text is formated to "right" the problem is present.

Thanks for all help and tips into solving this problem!