You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 12th, 2019, 01:48 PM   #1
JAK
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Alarms for PV800

Hello all,
Back in PanelBuilder 32 I used to be able to assign a word as an alarm trigger and then address each bit individually in the alarm configuration instead of having to address each bit individually in the alarm configurator like CCW seems to be requesting. Am I missing something? Is it possible to assign an integer as the trigger and use bit detection or am I going to have to type in a tag for all 50 alarms?

Thanks in advance
Old June 12th, 2019, 02:35 PM   #2
gclshortt
Canada

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=87109

The above thread may help you out.
Regards,
Old June 12th, 2019, 03:10 PM   #3
JAK
United States

Thanks for the heads-up. That would be useful if I wanted to create a custom alarm history screen. I'm just a little disappointed that somewhere along the way it has become impossible for a user to define one or two INTs or DINTs as alarm triggers and then use the bits in the alarm configuration to use as individual alarms. I just didn't want to clutter up my tag DB with a long list of boolean addresses. Or as Inductive Automation says "Single Integer - Alarm on Each Bit"
Old June 12th, 2019, 03:38 PM   #4
JAK
United States

Just to close this topic, I called Rockwell and this is the compromise for using a PV800 or PVc. The alarm configuration does not allow you to parse an integer address to pull out individual bits like you can with FactoryTalk. If I wanted to save on the tagging then you could set up a driver to feed values to a register, as mentioned in the link above, but that goes against the philosophy of keeping it simple. Guess I better get typing.

Thanks,
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum