Panelview Firmware Update

Having an issue when I do a firmware update and if there is anything saved on the HMI drive it deletes it. Is there a way to backup everything on the HMI drive ( not just the programs )?

Hello littlereiter99, can you just upload using the transfer utility? Or was there something else you were trying to do?

Yes I am looking to completely back up the HMI "C: Drive" in case a machine manufacturer put any pdf files or anything on it that would be lost with a firmware update

Oh, I see. I haven't done that yet myself. I would be curious to learn this myself.

IIRC, on the newer panelviews you can type their IP address into windows explorer just like you would with a PC. Ex: \\192.168.1.1

You can see the file structure and copy any necessary files straight off the hard drive through the network. This definitely doesn't work with all models, but I have done it before on PV+6s I believe...?

Yes I have done that before as well sorry, but the issue is that they had a hidden folder that I could not see on the drive so was just wondering about a complete backup?

Thanks I will attempt this the only issue I possibly see with this is it says it stores the firmware so wont help me if I am still looking to go from v7 to v9 will let you know. Thanks

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure your windows settings are set to "show hidden files/folders", which might reveal the hidden folder so you can copy the PDFs manually.