Panelview Firmware Help!

Dale87

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ive got an existing panelview plus 1000 with a logic module of 2711P-RP and an assembled pn of 2711P-T10C4D1 running out in the field. Its in an early ME firmware of like 3 or 4. I was able to get the displays out and into FTV V13. And am in the process of reassigning all the tags for the new L306ER processor that we are going to be installing. Just realized that HMI existing firmware won't go to V6, which is as low as i can go on FTV V13. Can I just purchase an 2711P-RP8D logic module for that display and switch them out without buying a whole new display, that will allow me to create a runtime in version 6-12 correct. I've got an PP1250 display with an 2711P-RP8D module that im currently using to bench test with as I rebuild the FTV program. But don't really want to use it or have to make the opening bigger in the stainless enclosure to accommodate it.

Last edited:
I think i got it. I installed the latest patch for v13 which allows mer files down to V5. That 2711P-RP should be able to be flashed to V5.10 correct???

Yes, that sounds correct: you should be able to get any original-platform PanelView Plus to load and run firmware 5.10.

There was a big headache with Windows CE licenses for v3 and v4 firmware, but as far as I know RA finally just bought a big enough enterprise license from Microsoft that they distribute v5.x without having to buy a fresh hologram sticker.

Yes, that sounds correct: you should be able to get any original-platform PanelView Plus to load and run firmware 5.10.

There was a big headache with Windows CE licenses for v3 and v4 firmware, but as far as I know RA finally just bought a big enough enterprise license from Microsoft that they distribute v5.x without having to buy a fresh hologram sticker.

Will there be an issue with 5.10 and communication with a newer L306er processor. Or does the patch take care of that also?

There is no officially supported firmware for the 1st generation PanelView Plus that supports 1756-L8x and 5069 series CompactLogix.

There is an unsupported workaround using 5.10.16 firmware only, which is basically the same as I've been doing for years: manually insert a supported CompactLogix in the communication schema at the IP address of the unsupported controller, instead of relying on the browsing and identification functions.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/917388/loc/en_US

There is no officially supported firmware for the 1st generation PanelView Plus that supports 1756-L8x and 5069 series CompactLogix.

There is an unsupported workaround using 5.10.16 firmware only, which is basically the same as I've been doing for years: manually insert a supported CompactLogix in the communication schema at the IP address of the unsupported controller, instead of relying on the browsing and identification functions.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/917388/loc/en_US

Thank you!!!!