Control RSlogix5561

akram123

I use Rslogix5000 Enterprice and my old control logix 5561 Catalog\Series 1756-L61 B is damage, and i change it by new one after that i download backup program to new control logix5561 ,all instrument device are ok accept Digital Output is not work(SDV and ESDV).

Since some devices are OK and others Not OK, I assume the new -L61 is the same firmware/revision as the damaged -L61. Also I assume the backup program is correct.

Suggestions to check:
1. Go online to controller. In Controller Organizer window, go to I/O configuration. Expand to find Digital Output modules not working. Click on modules and verify Status is "Running" and no Module Fault.
2. If Module Running and no Fault, check if outputs are Forced ON or OFF. Click on Forces dropdown to check overall status. Go to module tags to check individual outputs for ON/OFF forces.
3. If Module is not in I/O Configuration, try to re-seat module: pull out and push back in. Make sure to be safe because outputs may turn on if done with power on and program running.

Rslogix1756L61

Tanks for your response,i notice that Digital out put (DO) and Digital input(DI) not work together, when i disconnect power supply(24DC) from DO the DI work properly and opposite is right .
In my application i need both DI and DO to work.

I read this to mean:

1. With 24 VDC disconnected from DO, the DI works, and
2. With 24 VDC disconnected from DI, the DO works.

My first guess is that something is shorting the 24 VDC, which has overload protection.

If the situation was either #1 or #2, you would know whether to look for a shorted output or shorted input.

With the situation #1 and #2, the wiring fault depends on where 24 VDC is disconnected (if the problem is a power supply fault), and may be more difficult to find and correct. I suggest closely examining the power supply wiring.

Another option is to pull the removable terminal block (RTB) from each module, one at a time, instead of completely disconnecting 24 VDC. If this also fixed the problem for the other module(s), the problem might be a faulty module itself (the one with its RTB removed when the other(s) work).

Any other ideas?

When you say "SDV" and "ESDV", do you mean "Shut Down Valve" and "Emergency Shut Down Valve" ?

This sounds like it might be a SIL2 system with paired diagnostic inputs and outputs on each discrete function.

Rockwell Automation has published guidelines on how typical systems of that type should be built, but there is no guarantee that yours are built that way. A very good publication to read is the "Using ControlLogix in SIL2 Applications" reference guide, Publication 1756-RM0010. That book describes both the wiring of pulse-test and diagnostic I/O circuits as well as the logic that works with those systems.

If so, I very strongly recommend that you contact the original equipment manufacturer or integrator to have them describe to you the intended operation of these circuits.

It is not appropriate for novices or inexperienced persons to work on safety-related process controls.