Backplane 1756 EN2T communication Issue

RockyNivas

Hi All,

I am using Backplane 1756 EN2T Master PLC (AB PLC) and trying to communicate with 1769-L30 ER (AB PLC). It has connected with Ethernet and I am trying to set up the message instruction to build the communication, but the master PLC status is always showing faulted since I have selected the slot and other stuffs precisely.
Please advice do I need to look into any other settings in that message instruction.

Thanks in advance

Producer/Consumer, as jstolaruk mentions, is the preferred method. However there are reasons why you would want to use MSG instead. Regardless of which method you use, if you add the target PLC to your I/O tree, you will be able to pick your target controller by name and not have to mess with configuring the path manually.

but the master PLC status is always showing faulted since I have selected the slot and other stuffs precisely

Please explain exactly what you mean by that.

My guess is that you entered the CIP Path manually, and that the MSG instruction fails with a .ER bit when you trigger it.

What model of CPU and firmware revision are you using ?

The more information you can provide, the better the advice will get. Until about ten PM tonight, at which point I predict a sudden and pronounced decline in my judgment and precision.