1756-ENBT Backplane Issue

spaceacealpha

I've installed a new ControlLogix PLC rack and addressed the ENBT/A module. Remotely, I can go into the http://ipaddress and see everything connected, yet the Module Status for each device reads IDLE. When I go to my RSLinx I can see the new ENBT but opening the expand (plus) shows nothing. I've updated the EDS file to the same version as the ENBT which is Major 6, Minor 1 (Rev 6.004).

I must have missed a step. This is my first ControlLogix install. There is no program installed on the PLC, I was hoping to install remotely since my Desktop is the only one I have with the RS5000 software. Any ideas?

Ordinarily, if there is a [+] sign next to the 1756-ENBT that indicates that the EDS file has told RSLinx Classic that it's a bridge module and can be browsed across to the backplane. Either check the "Autobrowse" box or click the [Refresh] button to browse the backplane.

Does a backplane icon appear, but with no modules in it ? A screenshot of how far you get with the browse might help.

What else is in the 1756 chassis ? Any red LEDs or other worrisome stuff on those modules ?

Do you know which firmware revision is loaded into the controller (which I presume is in the chassis) ?

What version of RSLinx Classic are you running ?

Generally, backplane browsing is a very ordinary and simple process. If the backplane devices don't show up, there's something very wrong.

Also: what exactly do you mean by "remotely" ?

I'm asking because there are some issues with RSLinx Classic and the Windows Remote Desktop. If you just mean "over the LAN", you should be fine.

Overnight I downloaded the latest RSLinx and its working fine now. Odd thing is I have another ControlLogix system that was vendor installed thats worked for years over the same connection. Its firmware is a bit older. Picky picky! Thanks Ken!