ControlLogix chassy

nmk34

i have a 1756-l61 processor that is the ok led is solid red. All other led light are off. i tried to take it out and putting it in the same slot and in another slot. tried power recycle but no change remain red. Rslinkx can not see the processor.
any thing i could try? i also tried to disconnect the battery for a while, still same!
Also one of the modules, analog input is red led on, is it because the processor is not operable, and the configuration of this module reside in the processor?

A solid red "OK" LED indicator on a 1756-L6x controller indicates an unrecoverable hardware failure.

If the indication doesn't change after removing the battery, examining the backplane connectors for damage, and trying to power the controller with no other modules and with a different chassis and power supply, then you can confidently conclude that the controller has failed.

I don't know if 1756-L6x controllers can be economically repaired, by Rockwell or other third parties.

The red LED on the analog input module is very probably because it is not getting a configuration from the CPU.

A couple other things to try before tossing it in the bin....

• Turn the key to PROG then RUN then PROG. Don't stop in the middle with REM. It has to go PROG RUN PROG. See if that clears the fault. Most likely it won't but it is worth a shot.
  • If you have a functioning L61 available and a CompactFlash (CF) card ... From the Logix software save (STORE) the current program to the CF card. Save it with the setting to load on powerup. Beware though. To save to the CF card the CPU must be in Program. Once this is complete, remove the CF card and insert it into the bad CPU. Then cycle power. This will force it to load the program from the CF and if necessary, upgrade/downgrade the CPU firmware.
I suspect neither will work as this is almost always an indication that you have a hardware issue as Ken mentioned.

OG