Is there a program to give read-only access to Logix?

zacslade

Hi All,

Someone told me that there is a free piece of software out there which can be used to read code on Rockwell PLCs, see the status of bits, etc, but that it only gives read access to the code.

Is that true? Does such a tool exist?

Thanks,
Zac Slade

It's not free, it's just cheaper.

The "Service Edition" of RSLogix 5000 will allow you to view the logic and the tag database, and do upload/download actions, but not perform any edits.

on Rockwell PLCs

Hi Zac,

You would need a different version for all the different models, 5, 500, 5000, etc, so one piece of software would not work but as Ken stated the SE version for 5000's

That said.... I would love to see them have something just for techs for troubleshooting, back in the day when I was writing more I wrote a Wonderware screen that would tell you the statis so they could troubleshoot faster and not have to open up the programs

I dont know anything for 500