Panelview Plus 6 will not communicate with slot 0

Kipper

I built this program in the lab and made it work with no issues. In factory talk studio ME the screens run as designed. Here is an error that I have on the panelview.
This CIP connection fault I feel is my issue and I don't know how to correct it.
ENBT card in slot 2 and plc in slot 0. Like i said it worked when I developed it in the lab but it won't work out on the floor.
Has anyone run into this issue, its going to be something stupid that I am missing or set up wrong. I have been fighting this for 2 weeks now help help help.
Thanks Kipp

When it runs on your PC but not on the PanelView it is usually because the Communications settings in RSLinx Enterprise (FactoryTalk Linx) have not been applied to the Runtime.

As mentioned in post #3, open your Communications Settings and click the button to copy the Design comm settings to the Runtime tab. Apply the change and click OK.

Create a new Runtime file, download it and try again.

OG

Run Time

I have done that 20 times but I will go look at it again. What is the CIP Connection that the panelview list first?

Another important thing to know is that the PanelView stores a copy of the communication path locally on the terminal. When you load a MER, it will ask if you want to replace the current communication path. Saying YES will take the communication setup in the MER and overwrite the current communication path on the terminal. You must do this or the the comm path will never get updated with the one in the MER.

That path is incorrect, it needs to be pointed to the L62 at 0. You appear to be browsing through the ENBT, then pointing back to the ENBT. The path needs to be:

ENBT
|
--> Controller

You have (edit, my ascii diagram looked good in the editor but not when it was posted :()

ENBT<--<
| |
>------

Your panel view IP address must be something like 10.216.203.XXX , that´s the normal way to do it.
It seems you have two ENBT card on the same rack.

Last edited: