Logix5000 Kp, Ki, Kd function bits

bigLee

Hello. Quick easy question hopefully. I have a migrated project Logix500 to Logix5000. Previously I had operator interface to manipulate the tuning parameters of the PID control. Logix500 it was some N:## bits.

I am unable to locate the same bits in the Logix5000 PID function bits. It is a Conv_PID_N25.###. The Kp,Ki,Kd are there but are not the values that are in my tuning parameters.

Is it even possible to write to these registers in the function, and if so what are they called, or what tag are they in Logix5000. I don't see them anywhere in the tag array of the function.

Any help is appreciated, as always!!

The engineering units for controller gains vary depending on the Logix platform and controller type. Most likely the migration tool attempted to correctly convert the gain values for equivalent controller performance. This is an area that should be carefully reviewed as part of a migration project due to the number of things that can go wrong.