OT, wire and cable marking

Tom_W

Hi to all and thanks in advance for any recommendations.

This is my first post, please forgive me any mistakes.

We use vinyl tube labels for marking wires in panels and recently I saw something on a competitor’s machine and I'm hoping someone may be able to provide me with a name or part number for these tube label holders.

The label holder appears to be made from plastic or vinyl.

Let me know if I can provide more information.
Tom W.

20211015_053533.jpg

I don't know what it is, but it looks interesting. I'll be watching this thread and may search later today if I can.

I would assume the other part actually "hooks" it in place so it wont move like those things always do...

This is correct. The tube will slide on smaller wires, the other piece holds the tube in position and provides a cleaner look. I have tried searching google with names that I thought it might be called and have had no luck.

I asked some of the engineers at our customer to get information from the Japanese manufacturer and never received any information.

This is correct. The tube will slide on smaller wires, the other piece holds the tube in position and provides a cleaner look. I have tried searching google with names that I thought it might be called and have had no luck.

Its two fold... it hooks and holds the wire and the larger part of the 'key' spreads the tube and locks it into place also makes it able to be moved or removed unlike shrink tubing that needs to be cut off if ever changed.

I am trying to get some prices from my contacts in Asia, it also looks like you may need to buy the printer, last printer I looked at was not cheap so I passed
and stuck with my Brady that I cant stand

Its two fold... it hooks and holds the wire and the larger part of the 'key' spreads the tube and locks it into place also makes it able to be moved or removed unlike shrink tubing that needs to be cut off if ever changed.

I am trying to get some prices from my contacts in Asia, it also looks like you may need to buy the printer, last printer I looked at was not cheap so I passed
and stuck with my Brady that I cant stand

Thanks. We already use a Canon M-1 PRO V (Mk2600) tube labeler. The holder is the part I have not been able to find a part number or name for ordering.

Why use the holder. I use those labels all the time. PVC and oil proof. I love them, makes the panel look so nice, and only use the brady labeler if i am in the field and have not pre printed things.

Just use the correct size to press fit them on the ferrule of fork or ring terminal.
The trick is find the size tube that fits perfectly for those terminals and wire sizes.

If you use the tube as a cable label, wrap a zip tie through the label and around the cable..