Pro Face AGP3500 <-> Wago 750-873 read/write

aut3.g3

Hi All,

We have a setup of a Wago 750-873 (ethernet controller) with a 16DI and 16DO module, progarmmed in CoDeSys

We use a Pro Face screen AGP3500 programmed in Gp-Pro Ex

We setup the communicatio between the PLC and Screen.
We are able to read the DI and DO from the PLC.
But we do not find a way to read/write the variables progammed in the plc, from the screen.
And we are not able to set/resset the DO.

So what address or code do we need to manipulate the DO with the screen. And how do we find the adress of the programmed variables in the PLC?

I tried to use the search and internet, but I did not found an answer.

As for a test, we just programmed a switch and two lamps on the screen. The lamps read DO1 and DI1, the switch should set DO1 high. But it doesn't work, mainly we think because we use the wrong address.

Thank you and I hope I find help here.

Best, Niels, André and Steffen.

Ok, we found out that we cannot change the DO's directly from the plc, and from the remote screen. (logical, we know now :)).

But how do we read/write to variables programmed with CoDeSys in the plc?

Best, Niels, André and Steffen

Ok, we found out that we cannot change the DO's directly from the plc, and from the remote screen. (logical, we know now :)).

But how do we read/write to variables programmed with CoDeSys in the plc?

Best, Niels, André and Steffen

I cannot remember the exact name of the input/output field in GP pro (I am at home) but you select "data display" and in the sub menu "Allow input" then specify the address you want to display/alter. You will need to say if it is a bit or word or data register. You can set upper and lower limits.

I will be back at work tomorrow night and can give you the exact names and key strokes if you still have problems.

Hey thank you for the tip.
So for we managed to read and write to the PLC.
The only thing we had to do is declare the variables at a specified place in the memory.
The first place in the memory %MW0 (or %MX0.0) equals in the Pro Face program to %MW12288 (or %MW12288.0).
So if we define everything niceley structured we can manage.

So if we tell the screen to read/write %MW12288 from the plc, it reads/writes the %MWO in the PLC's memory.

But I wonder if there was a more easy way to find the corresponding address. Because now we need to calculate everything.
If we declare in CoDeSys by example 'Test:INT;' How do we easy read/write (to) this variable from the Gp-Pro Ex program?
As last exmaple now we declare in codesys 'test AT %MW0:INT;'
and we can reach by telling in Gp-Pro ex to read %MW12288.
(%MW1 <-> %MW12289 and so on)

Best Niels

Last edited:
I do not know anything about Wago plcs and normally use Siemens S7 300 series.
In the GP pro program, the values are the same as the PLC program, but you do have to select the data type from the drop down menu - you have to tell proface if a word is 16 or 32 bits long.

Proface support is very good in the UK - do you have a local agent/supplier?

Our closest dealer is situated in Denmark. We are in the uppernorth of Norway, Tromsø.

I am not sure if you understand what my problem is.
We are now able to read from the PLC's memory. But we have to do it by manually setting the variables in the PLC's memory.

If we want to access the memory %MW0 in the PLC or further up, we have to send a request from Pro Face to read the memory location with an offset of 12288 (so resulting in %MW12288)

It would be very east if Pro Face would recognize the variables declared in the PLC, and we can acces the by name, instead of the actual memory location.

But it would be an option to contact the Pro Face support in the UK.

Hi I connect a Pro face to a Wago 750-342 Here is a test program.
Outputs are offset by 512 so start at 513.
Use Gp-Pro-Ex to open and simulate.
Using MODBUS IDA driver series General MODBUS TCP Master Port Ethernet (TCP)

Inputs [PLC1]100001
Outputs [PLC1]000513
Analog inputs [PLC1]300001
Analog outputs should be [PLC1]400001 but untested.

Regards.
The UK Pro Face support is brilliant Speak to Dave !!!

Last edited:
Sorry,
Missed the point
If we want to access the memory %MW0 in the PLC or further up, we have to send a request from Pro Face to read the memory location with an offset of 12288 (so resulting in %MW12288)

It would be very east if Pro Face would recognize the variables declared in the PLC, and we can acces the by name, instead of the actual memory location.
I talked to a festo PLC and yes it was tedious I don't think you can do indirect addressing well I couldn't check with Proface but I think you will be typing the actual address !

Another project I did involved a compactlogix. In GP Pro Ex system settings PLC1 I was able to import all the tags I created in RSlogix 5000. make sure you untick controller scope only.
Other way is to import tags via the Edit - symbols file must be CSV .csv or Unicode .txt
This might make it easier. Let us know...

Hey, thanx for the answers. At this moment our focus is on other things, because this is a project for school. We have other deadlines coming up and first need to manage them.

Then we will come back to this Pro-Face/Wago project.
But I will go through the advice!

Best, Niels