You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 12th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Lovell
Canada

Fancy Exclamation Studio 5000 v21.00.04

I have several Studio 5000 (v20.00.00) projects that I developed on my laptop and have loaded on L33 and L36 controllers. They are working fine and I can connect /go online to them from my laptop. I setup a desktop pc with Studio 5000 (v20.00.04). I can go online with the controllers and see whats going on. it is using the customers licenses which is mini edition. My laptop is pro edition.

My issue is I setup Produced/consumed tags between the processors and so in the IO tree there is an icon for the processor. A right click on it gets you to its properties and so on. On my laptop this is fine. On the desktop pc it shows as a '?' and has no properties. I thought ok, I need and EDS file for this. cant upload from device - no option there. So I go to rockwell website and download eds files for L33 and L36 controllers. install.

still not showing. I think ah! it must need an AOP - so I search and download everything i can find with AOP and L3X controllers and install.

still not showing. So I reboot the pc.

still not showing.

Anyone here with an answer? Tomorrow I will call Rockwell for help if I cannot figure this.

thanks
Old August 15th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #2
Lovell
Canada

Solution

I found out the problem (me) with Rockwell's help. It turns out when I added the L33ER on ethernet for Produce/Consume I set the controller revision as a V30 controller even though in reality it was V21. This did not affect the ability to produce or consume - that all worked fine.

I was able to add them at V30 because I had Studio5000V21 and V30 installed on my machine. So when I installed v21 on the Desktop PC it did not know what the controllers were (too new). I tried registering L33er and L36ERM v30 EDS files but it did not fix the problem. I know I can fix it by doing offline edits and a download but this plant runs 24/7.

So my fix on the desktop pc will be to also install v30 and then the v21 program should show the controllers correctly.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum