What tag is controlling an "Enable" bit within an AOI

showshocka

Hi. Can anyone help me out with this one? This something that I am just having hard time figuring out. I understand and can also follow the run logic Rung. But from where (what is controlling) is this Discharge Enable XIC. What is controlling it, Where do I look further. I followed it back as far as I can back to the Definition AOI. But what is the real world instant that controls it to make the output MTR (OTE) true. I might be over thinking but I am at a loss. Thank you all.

Where does DisEn come from.jpg

Right click on the AOI & select Properties

In the popup go to the Parameters tab. You may have to scroll over or widen the window.

Click on Vis and the parameter will be visible in the call.

Click on Req and it will become a required parameter to address in the call, and Vis will automatically check itself.

Capture.JPG

Click on Vis and the parameter will be visible in the call.

Click on Req and it will become a required parameter to address in the call, and Vis will automatically check itself.

I have nothing. :angr:

AOI JAM Desrciptions Question.jpg

Last edited:
Is the instance of the AOI UT_JAM?
If so, where in the main or other is the call for the AOI? at the call, it would have some tag listed for the DISCH_EN. Otherwise, somewhere else in the program you may have UT_JAM.DISCH_EN being set to something.

Hi. Can anyone help me out with this one? This something that I am just having hard time figuring out. I understand and can also follow the run logic Rung. But from where (what is controlling) is this Discharge Enable XIC. What is controlling it, Where do I look further. I followed it back as far as I can back to the Definition AOI. But what is the real world instant that controls it to make the output MTR (OTE) true. I might be over thinking but I am at a loss. Thank you all.

You need to go to the block call for that specific control.

Where the drop down is in your first picture select the call you need. Then to the right of the drop down there is a little button to go to block call. Hover over for tool tip. Click it, it will take you to the parent routine where the AOI is being used. Since the parameter is required it will be displayed inside the AOI call. Underneath this is the tag passing a value to this call of the AOI.

I would check for that bit being used on a HMI somewhere.

The description says to me that that part can be turned on or off, and I would do that on the HMI, on an engineering page or something.

Cheers

Mark