ET200SP OPC communication using Kepserverex

kazmi1215

Hello,

I am doing the OPC communication of ET200SP using Keserverex v4. If I use the PLCSIM with TIA portal v15.1 and S7-300 (as no option of ET200SP) as the device in Kepserver, it works well.
When I use the same configuration with actual hardware then Kepserver gives error that "Device is not responding". What should I do?

Thank you

Is that an ET200SP Profinet IM, or is it an ET200SP CPU (like 1512SP) ?

If Profinet IM, you need an OPC Server that can act as a Profinet IO Controller. I dont know if Kepserver can do that. Simatic Net can. You need a license for Simatic Net Profinet IO Controller.

If ET200SP CPU, then you can do as you can with an S7-300 CPU, except for this:
Slot is 1, not 2.
You can only access non-optimized DBs.
PUT/GET access must be released in the CPUs hardware configuration.

The v4 server is so old I am not sure that it can talk with the ET200 anyway. You might try downloading the V6 server ans see if you can get that to work in demo mode. i know that other users have connected to the ET200 successfully. with V5 and V6

Agree with both comments so far.

Since you mentioned a 300 and PLCSIM: if you're trying to connect to the PLCSIM of the 1500, I very much doubt that Kepware will work, in any version. I think you'll need a real CPU, or possibly PLCSIM advanced.

Since you mentioned a 300 and PLCSIM: if you're trying to connect to the PLCSIM of the 1500, I very much doubt that Kepware will work, in any version. I think you'll need a real CPU, or possibly PLCSIM advanced.

With Nettoplcsim it should work with standard Plcsim, with some limitations.
Plcsim for S7-300/400 works always, not-optimized mode in S7-1200/1500 works also always (Put/Get must be enabled).
Optimized access maybe problematic. With Siemens software like the Simatic.Net OPC-Server works with Nettoplcsim, all 3rd party drivers for 1500 which I've tested fail with Nettoplcsim/Plcsim in optimized mode. I guess Plcsim uses a different object model or different access keys. But sometimes Siemens software itself fails to connect to Plcsim (without Nettoplcsim), WinCC 7.3 with TIA V14 Plcsim does not work.