Power Flex Repair

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I would like to know if I could get some recommendations for sending a Power Flex 755 out for repair. It is for a frame size 7, if that makes a difference. I have send bad boards to Radwell in the past however, this is an entire drive. I keep getting a fault code 13, ground fault, even with the load disconnected. Sometimes the drive will power up and go 5 minutes before faulting, other times it faults immediately. I realize I can search for repair shops however, I would rather use someone recommended by you folks here. Thank you.

Hello all. I would like to know if I could get some recommendations for sending a Power Flex 755 out for repair. It is for a frame size 7, if that makes a difference. I have send bad boards to Radwell in the past however, this is an entire drive. I keep getting a fault code 13, ground fault, even with the load disconnected. Sometimes the drive will power up and go 5 minutes before faulting, other times it faults immediately. I realize I can search for repair shops however, I would rather use someone recommended by you folks here. Thank you.

We have used Radwell for circuit boards also, but the jury is still out on the quality of the repairs. I sometimes think they unnecessarily replace components just to fluff the invoice some more...

But we have also used Paragon for repairs. They have an office out somewhat near you in Nevada. I have sent a handful of things to their Great Lakes office and have had good luck with them.

Hey Brent,

We do repairs, my repair tech is a member here just not sure if he repairs drives, send me a email with the details (as many as you have) and I will forward it to him to see if he can repair them

Mark
[email protected]

We have used Radwell for circuit boards also, but the jury is still out on the quality of the repairs. I sometimes think they unnecessarily replace components just to fluff the invoice some more...

But we have also used Paragon for repairs. They have an office out somewhat near you in Nevada. I have sent a handful of things to their Great Lakes office and have had good luck with them.

Thank you for the info.

Did you call A-B or Border States? A-B has an exchange pool so they can exchange your drive for a repaired one almost immediately in most cases, then they fix your drive and put it back in the pool. Basically you pay for the repair cost and the freight but you get back on line much quicker.

We use Paragon as well. They warranty their repairs. They won't take a repair if they cannot fully test it because they stand behind their warranty. My only complaint is that they are running a backlog now. They are based in Detroit area. They have repaired light curtains, drives, PanelViews and Quickpanels. They also do a ton of hydraulic repairs like motors, pumps and valves (servo, proportional). I recommend them.