Power Flex 527 , safety inhibitor fault

SGPeruma

Power flex 527 Network based safety drive had faulty and alarm pop up SOS Code internal fault

Unable to set or clear the fault manually or through logic ,

Changed the module and configure IP and download with new drive ok .

How clear the fault or its hardware issue ?

I’m facing three different drive same issue

Attachments

• IMG_5621.jpeg
    IMG_5621.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 5
I haven't used networked safety on PowerFlex drives (yet) but here are a few questions:
1) Is it a new installation or existing that used to work
2) Since it's networked safety, is the safety PLC online?
3) If safety PLC is online, does it show that it's communicating with the drive?
4) If the safety PLC is communicating with the drive, is it sending its "safety ok" signal (whatever that looks like)?
5) Does the drive need its STO jumper installed while using CIP Safety over Ethernet/IP? (I'd have to find the manual for this drive to find out)

Hi Joseph

Thanks ,
It’s existing running application
Safety PLC able to online and connected to drive
The issue safety fault and drive automatically inhibits unable to reset .

There is any options to perform factory reset ?
I try to use drive executive application tool to connect the drive .. it’s able to identify the drive present but unable to connect

Those drives aren't officially supported with Drive Executive. You should download Connected Components Workbench (CCW) instead.
Do you have access to the safety PLC?

Power flex 527 Network based safety drive had faulty and alarm pop up SOS Code internal fault

Unable to set or clear the fault manually or through logic ,

Changed the module and configure IP and download with new drive ok .

How clear the fault or its hardware issue ?

I’m facing three different drive same issue
It's not SOS, it's S05 safe torque off fault.

is this using CIP safety or wired safety with the red terminals on the drive? If it's on the red jumpers, see what's wrong with the safety circuit and whether those terminals are getting 24v or not. If it's CIP safety, make sure the jumpers are removed (people frequently leave the jumpers in when replacing drives, it's a common mistake on CIP safety). then you'll need to verify the safety is good in the program from that point since it's all internal logic for safety.

Hi Joseph

Thanks ,
It’s existing running application
Safety PLC able to online and connected to drive
The issue safety fault and drive automatically inhibits unable to reset .

There is any options to perform factory reset ?
I try to use drive executive application tool to connect the drive .. it’s able to identify the drive present but unable to connect

Those drives aren't officially supported with Drive Executive. You should download Connected Components Workbench (CCW) instead.
Do you have access to the safety PLC?

527 aren't programmed with ccw or drive executive, they are programmed directly in the studio 5000 program with controllogix/compactlogix