Wonderware w/ serial comm. to Controllogix

KDME

Hi. Anybody know which Wonderware I/O-DA server I should use to communicate to AB ControlLogix via USB/serial cable. I am relearning Wonderware and new to Archestra. The I/O-DA servers on the 2012 Wonderware Device Integration disk all seem to be Ethernet for ControlLogix. I have a test rack with only a processor( no ethernet module) that I want to test my application on. Any help would be appreciated.

I do not think the USB port is intended to be used in that manor at all. It will probably work but I do not think RA will support that.

Maybe someone else can verify or deny that?

Bigger question, why on earth a serial connection to a NEW CLX? No Ethernet Card?

RSL

Thanks Daba, I had come to that conclusion and already ordered an ethernet module. I was hoping to use a band aid while UPS did their thing. Thanks to others for comments as well.

If I were a betting man I'd wager that those RS-232 ports on the CLX are going to go away. What will you do x years down the road when you can't get a replacement controller with a serial port?

Cheers,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)