How do you rate mitsubishi PLC ?

XIO

Hi people,

I am a new member here and to the automation industry. I recently graduated with a BSEE and I am currently working for a company as an automation and controls engineer (entry level of course). I would like to know your opinion about the mitsubishi plc mostly used in this company. Also any advices on how to learn or pick up ladder programming faster.

Thank you

XIO said:
Hi people,

I am a new member here and to the automation industry. I recently graduated with a BSEE and I am currently working for a company as an automation and controls engineer (entry level of course). I would like to know your opinion about the mitsubishi plc mostly used in this company. Also any advices on how to learn or pick up ladder programming faster.

Thank you

I like them a lot!! I have several Q series and several FX

The programming is a little on the different side, its not bad just different, as far as the learning... go to meau.com and they offer a very good course, I have taken it and can recommend it.

geniusintraining said:
I like them a lot!! I have several Q series and several FX

The programming is a little on the different side, its not bad just different, as far as the learning... go to meau.com and they offer a very good course, I have taken it and can recommend it.

Are you talking about the little animated tutorial where they have the little car cross the gate?. Yes, I found this very helpful.

XIO said:
Are you talking about the little animated tutorial where they have the little car cross the gate?. Yes, I found this very helpful.

No... I am talking about a 5day course they hold in a few places in the US (mine was in Atlanta) its about 2k for the week, but its very good and you could learn a ton

On the site they have a list of classes they offer http://meau.com/eprise/main/sites/public/TRAINING/Industrial_Automation/default

looks like their site is down but check here

EDIT: I may be wrong on the price but whatever it is.. its worth it :)

Last edited:
XIO said:
Oh, I have heard about something like that but unless my company pays for it I won't be able to afford it.

Beg, cry, kiss, etc.... do what you got to do, get them to pay, they (and you) will not regret it

iQ is an extension of the existing Q Series, not a new series. It will still use all the Q Series I/O, power supplies, network modules, etc. The main difference is sick amounts of memory, new gigabit networking, and new CNC and robot controller CPUs that slot right into the PLC rack.

It's in the launch stages in the US now.