sending UDP messages

DJShardy

Hi, I have a Micro 1400 that I have a project for. I am trying to make it send and receive data via UDP.

I have followed the Rockwell guide but I am stuck at the point of how to enter the IP address & other Data.

I have attached link to a folder with screen shots, the project & also the manual.

Chapter 24 has all the info.

Any pointers on how to-do this?

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuKnXmIB4gtttSJyHAnxGbAz790b

Last edited:
Are you unsure of how to enter / convert the IP address to byte?

Use the Windows calculator in Programmer mode. On the left, select DEC. Type in the first octet of the IP address. (example - 192) then switch to Hex view. This should give you C0. So, for an IP address of 192.168.1.253, your four bytes for the N file would be C0 A8 01 FD.

Hope this helps.