ascii database importing

Bling_bling

Lifetime Supporting Member
(rslogix500) Anyone know if there is a way to only import descriptors that 1 program has that current program doesn't without overwriting all?
for example, I was unable to open my program so I created a new file and went through the process of adding descriptions and eventually was able to open a much earlier program that doesn't have recent changes and I only want what is missing after my current efforts.

(rslogix500) Anyone know if there is a way to only import descriptors that 1 program has that current program doesn't without overwriting all?
for example, I was unable to open my program so I created a new file and went through the process of adding descriptions and eventually was able to open a much earlier program that doesn't have recent changes and I only want what is missing after my current efforts.

Export the documentation to a file
Open the file with an editor that can save as text (not .doc) Notepad works.
Delete everything that you don't want to import to the new program
Change the addresses on the stuff you want to keep (if applicable)
Save the file
Import to the new file. Over-write only kills existing tags and descriptors if there is an entry in your import file.