Communication lenze c300 plc & p300 HMI & 8400

AmazingTrans

Hi there,

I have a Lenze C300, P300 & Top Line 8400.
I have a basic application which only requires the drive to follow an external encoder. Allow Jog Manual from HMI to trigger the Drive.

This is my first time working on Lenze, and I seems to have difficulty in getting support from distributor. Hope someone can assist me.

PLC & HMI TOpics
1. I've managed to get pictures on the HMI using the VisiWinNet Smart. But I do not know how to browse tag from the HMI to reference the PLC tag.

2. Is it possible for the Screen to communicate directly to the TopLine 8400 drive directly?

3. In the engineer tool (drive tool), I see there is a communication area that has Can1,2,3,4 & Mci In, Mci Out. Not sure if this is created just because I am utilizing the "Electrical Shaft Master/Slave" Application.
But, i would like to know how i can send and receive data from the P300 plc with the drive.

Drive Topics
1. On the drive end, what parameter do i configure so that the brake releases automatically whenever the drive is enabled?

2. Which parameter do i configure so that it follows an external encoder?

Ultimately, does anybody know if there is any tutorial on the PLC, HMI, and the drive? There isn't much examples & support in comparison to AB & Siemens out there.

Hope to hear from someone.

Cheers!🍻