You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old February 17th, 2020, 04:27 AM   #1
pacak
Romania

Mitsubishi Robot comm. with Siemens PLC

Hi!
I'm new to Mitsubishi robots so please bear with me.

I have a setup of an RV-7F-Q1-S15 robot with a CR750-07VQ1-1-S15 controller and a PLC Q03UDVCPU, .Q172DRCPU and QJ71PB93D.
Communication with the S7-315 CPU is done by Profibus. The used addresses start from 12000.

There is a counter in the robot program which I would like to reset by setting a bit in the Siemens PLC but it does not work. I receive the value of the counter in the Siemens PLC (and other signals) so it looks like communication is ok.

The attached picture is part of a program called COMM, which is inserted in the slot table with the condition "Always". The variable M_Counter is defined in another program called VAR (which is not in the slot table) like this:
Def Inte I_Seq, O_Seq,I_SeqNo, M_Counter
M_Counter is used and incremented in another program called MAIN, which is also in the slot table with condition "Start".

So as I said, I can "see" the value of this counter in the Siemens PLC. The last line from the attached picture also works fine, the value I send form Siemens arrives back in Siemens right away.

I also checked in the monitor window of RT Toolbox that when I set my bit in Siemens, bit 12019 is also set in the robot controller.
I also tried the If M_In(12019) Then or If M_In(12019) = 1 Then versions but without any luck.
Why cannot I reset the counter like this?

Any ideas are welcome!

BR
Attached Images
File Type: png Mitsu counter.PNG (82.6 KB, 23 views)
Old February 17th, 2020, 09:24 AM   #2
sczot
Czech_Republic

hi,
ive tried to run this in simulation and it was ok, try to contact local mitsubishi electric office, what kind of mitsu feature is this :/

good luck
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum