FTV Studio ME Line Style

AMarks95

When I create a line in FTV Studio ME (v13 CPR9 SR13 - Patch 17 Build 413) and try to change the line style to anything but "Solid" it just changes itself back.

Why? How do I get a dashed line then (other than drawing a bunch of individual lines)?

The line width must be "1" for anything other than solid. I did see something that was weird, but it won't do it again.

It seemed as though I had the width at "1" and set it to dash, and then I would hit Apply and it would revert to Solid. I changed it to Dot and it worked. And now it doesn't repeat that same behavior. It just works as expected. So now I am questioning if it was really acting that way.

OG

I was able to replicate it OG. If you change the line width to anything other than 1, it will force it back to solid. If you change the line width back to 1 and attempt to change the line style before applying the changes, it still forces the solid line style. Once you apply the line width of 1, you can change to dashes and dots again.

I was able to replicate it OG. If you change the line width to anything other than 1, it will force it back to solid. If you change the line width back to 1 and attempt to change the line style before applying the changes, it still forces the solid line style. Once you apply the line width of 1, you can change to dashes and dots again.

The odd behavior I was seeing was that I did have the line width at 1 (applied) and changed the style to dash and then hit Apply and it went back to solid. Once I changed to Dot it worked. I could then select Dash as well and apply it. It won't do it. Once you change the width to greater than 1, it reverts back to solid immediately. No Apply needed. I'm debating reverting my VMware snapshot to see if it does it again.

And to be fair, it is documented in the Help that the width can only be 1.

OG

Last edited: