Software activation

shkoko2000

Dear Sir,
I want your help for my below issue.
I have 52 Allen Bradly software and i need to upgrade them to latest version with the same existing license.
What is the procedures to make that.

Software upgrades are a normal part of Rockwell Automation's TechConnect service contracts.

52 separate licenses is a medium-sized installed base, and Rockwell will likely encourage you to buy a contract that covers all the different types of software you need support on.

KMT Industrial Services is the Rockwell Automation authorized distributor for Egypt. They have an office in Cairo.

I want to know what is the support contract and its procedures.
And is this operation will cost the same as i buy them new or not

In the USA, you call up a distributor and they will help you survey and inventory all the different licenses you have, and develop a quote for the number of licenses and what types of software.

I presume it is similar with Rockwell distributors outside the USA.

You cannot buy this service directly from Rockwell. You must buy it from your distributor.

Generally the cost of a support contract is a small fraction of the cost of the software purchase.

Some distributors price software support very high because some customers have decades of delinquent or unpaid service costs. Others will discount that service because the customer is important for capital purchases.