RSLogix500 software; activation license expiration?

amihan1970

Hi there, first I'm sorry if my question looks silly but I'm just a starter about plc. My question; is there a possibility that an activation license may expire? and if you just adjust your computer date and time if your activation expired, is it possible?and is it legal? how to update this license?

amihan1970 said:
Hi there, first I'm sorry if my question looks silly but I'm just a starter about plc. My question; is there a possibility that an activation license may expire? and if you just adjust your computer date and time if your activation expired, is it possible?and is it legal? how to update this license?

It's possible that the activation expired, or it could be corrupted. It depends upon the type of license purchased. Yes, you can adjust your clock on the computer to enable it to work, but that's not a good idea.
The pc clock ties into lots of other software. For fun set your clock to 1995 and then surf the net. It's a real pita. And that's just one piece of software. The battery on my motherboard is bad, and when I lose power everything reverts back to 1/1/2000. It is not a pleasant experience.

Sometimes an activation can get corrupted. It's a common issue with Logix, as with everything windows the operating system seems fond of changing attributes.
Definitely get in touch with an AB rep and find out what's going on. A simple phone call can save you 15 posts on this very aggravating topic. :)

Good luck!

Or do what I do and spend the 100 bucks on the dongle and have the licencse registered to it.......I have logix installed on every pc in the building and wear the dongle around my neck