CLGX Motion hydraulic card

Eugen

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 1756-HYD02 card. Is properly configured with the LDT connected. card output is not connected to anything because the panel is in the shop.

Is there any motion command to test the card in the shop without connecting the hydraulic cylinder, so i can measure the voltage? (without closing the loop)

MDO
Motion Direct ON - sets the output to fixed value in volts
MDF must be used before you can close the servo loop using a MSO

Thanks Michael,

I have both led lights feedback and drive flashing green.

When i apply MDO from axis right click motion direct commands. I get a red drive led and an axis physical fault.

I clear the faults status is OK.

Is that the right way to do it?

I get a red drive led and an axis physical fault.
this may mean that you have the feedback wired incorrectly

one Method to verify the LDT connections is to use the hookup tests and manually move the LDT

The information is there it is just hard to find/read/understand.

What version of RSLogix are you using?

I have not connected anything on the card output. So the reading from LDT will not change. I thought i can test get a output with nothing connected to the output.

I am using version 26. Too late to change that now.

I have not connected anything on the card output. So the reading from LDT will not change. I thought i can test get a output with nothing connected to the output.

I am using version 26. Too late to change that now.

Output is not a problem however the input is - the card is checking that the LDT is connected
No LDT -> fault -> No output
LDT is tested when the MDO command is used

It is possible in the fault conditions (in the Axis properties) to disable the LDT fault action

Thanks Michael,

I was able to test the output with your help. This forum has proved more useful than paid support many times.