Play sounds in Twincat

jenako

We need to integrate sounds in our projects (e.g. when a button is pressed a sound acknowledges the event). The idea is to integrate the above function in our Beckhoff IPC (windows 10) but I am struggling quite a lot to make this work. I am attaching a snapshot of the code I have developed in Twincat 3: although it does not come with an error it does not play the sound. Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Capture.PNG

I'm not familiar with the command you're using, but shouldn't you be pointing to the actual Media Player executable instead of a shortcut to it? On my Win 7 system it's located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

Yes you are right. I have it working now, if interested see the attachment. Thanks a lot for the responses!

NT_Sound(NETID:='',
PATHSTR:='C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer',
DIRNAME:='C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player',
COMNDLINE:='C:\Windows\media\chimes.wav',
START:=GVL.bSound,
TMOUT:= T#10S,
BUSY=> ,
ERR=> ,
ERRID=> );