Downgrade GE Proficy Machine Edition from 9.5 to 8.5

Can this be done? Can I open it in version 9.5 and save it as version 8.5?
No, here is how I would do it:

1. create a new 'Toolchest' Drawer in 9.5
2. in 9.5 copy (CTRL - Drag) all components, one at a time (objects in the Project tree) to the 'Toolchest' Drawer
3. export all variables to CSV (just in case)
4. export the 'Toolchest' drawer
5. in 8.5 create a new project
6. import the 'Toolchest' Drawer
7. copy (CTRL - Drag) all objects from the 'Toolchest' Drawer one at a time to their proper location in the Project Tree, keeping variables

If you use the variables in the 'Toolchest' you should not need to import the variable CSV file.

I have never done this with those 2 versions but I have done it with others in the past, if you don't miss anything and all goes well should not take more than half an hour or so. Good Luck!

I would do my best to get your customer to upgrade to your level first.

Last edited:
Step 5 above is where I stop...
Don't have 8.5...That is why I was hoping to do it from 9.5.

Borrow PME 8.5 from your customer or your GE dealer and install it in a VM.

If you have a Solution Provider license you can download it from GE.

BTW, when did PME 9.5 come out, I still see 9.0 as the latest? Not that it would make a difference in your case.

It is 9.0...not 9.5. My mistake.
I will check with customer.
However...I do have a lot of 8.5 out there. Maybe I will just set up a VM for 8.5.