Portal Profinet IO cannot be edited

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Portal Version 15.1
I have an established device in the Profinet tree.
Device is currently operational.

I need to modify the I and Q addresses on the device, but for some reason it is all greyed out and
Change Device and Start Device Tool are greyed out as well.
Delete is greyed out.

PLC is offline.
I cannot edit any local or distributed IO.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any hints?

Portal Version 15.1
I have an established device in the Profinet tree.
Device is currently operational.

I need to modify the I and Q addresses on the device, but for some reason it is all greyed out and
Change Device and Start Device Tool are greyed out as well.
Delete is greyed out.

PLC is offline.
I cannot edit any local or distributed IO.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any hints?

Double check that it is really offline. Select the project and then hit offline, just to be sure. Sometimes it looks like you're offline, but in the background Portal thinks there's a connection somewhere. And if there is more than one device in the project, make sure you're offline with EVERYTHING.

Not saying its definitely this, but that happens to me multiple times a week.