Siemens ET200SP TIA Portal Profinet & Modbus TCP/IP

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a system with an ET200SP controlling a Profinet network already pre-established. Am I correct in that I can add a Modbus TCP/IP node and send and receive messages with that node through the same hardware port, over the same network, in tandem with Profinet without any additional hardware or Gateways?

I am guessing the "ET200SP" is a CPU like S7-1510SP or S7-1512SP.
If so, yes these supports Modbus TCP via the integrated ethernet port, and can simultaneously by a Profinet IO Controller.
Pretty sure it can be both client and server.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Happy belated turkey day! I have an ET200SP PLC with serial unit. We read out date from two energy meters using modbus RTU. We run a...
Replies
Views
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am not as familiar with Siemens hardware as I am Allen Bradley. Customer specified that we use an interface...
Replies
Views
I have an ET200sp module (16x DQ - 6ES7132-6BH01-0BA0) that has no diag light on it. Everything on either side is lit up just fine. I've run a...
Replies
Views
I don’t have the original project file from a Siemens ET200SP. The program is still running on the PLC. Is there any way I can upload the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have being trying in vein for the past 4 weeks to get a modbus master block to work on my IPC427. I have exhausted google search in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom