Siemens ET200sp diag light

Puddle

I have an ET200sp module (16x DQ - 6ES7132-6BH01-0BA0) that has no diag light on it. Everything on either side is lit up just fine.
I've run a test and all 16 outputs are giving 24v, base unit is registering 24v and the power light is on. I've changed it onto a different base unit too.

The diagnostic is showing everything healthy and it seems to be working fine, so I think it's just a dead LED.
The manual says "Backplane bus supply of the ET 200SP not OK" but as I'm getting 24v on every terminal I don't think that's the case.

Hopefully I'm just an idiot and done something wrong, but if not I'll be replacing the unit because it's not going into a panel with a dead LED.

The "Backplane bus supply of the ET 200SP not OK" means the 5V of the backplane, not 24V via the supply terminals. The supply terminal has its own PWR led.

It does sound from your description that it is the diag led that is faulty.

The "Backplane bus supply of the ET 200SP not OK" means the 5V of the backplane, not 24V via the supply terminals. The supply terminal has its own PWR led.

Well I've learned something today. I can't test that, but I'm assuming it would show up on the online diagnostic. There's another module attached to the right hand side of this module that's part of the same potential group and that one is showing as healthy.

I'll order a replacement. This one can go in my spares box in case I need one in future to test something on the bench but it's never getting installed.